Accessibility Statement for MyAccount (mytht.co.uk)
MyAccount is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
MyAccount takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of our website:
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines designers and developers' requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. MyAccount is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on MyAccount:
- Phone: 0300 777 7777
- Postal address: Sale Point, Washway Road, Sale M33 6AG
We aim to respond to feedback within two working days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
MyAccount website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with the NVDA screen reader extension on Windows
MyAccount website is not compatible with:
- Internet Explorer versions earlier than 7
Accessibility of MyAccount website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the MyAccount website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for MyAccount website:
- The slide-out toolbar may sometimes take focus without being visible, making it hard for users to navigate by a keyboard.
- User account dropdown
- For users with multiple tenancies, it's possible for the account selector to reload the page automatically. This makes it difficult for users who rely on keyboard navigation.
- On mobile devices, it's difficult to view all dashboard summary panels.
- Dashboard boxes have a hover effect without any clickable action. This may make it confusing for users.
- Existing/previously booked repairs appear to be clickable, although no details load when clicked. This can be confusing for users.
- While reporting a repair, it's difficult to navigate backwards in the breadcrumb navigation using browser controls. Some users may find it difficult to navigate.
MyAccount assessed the accessibility of our website by the following approaches:
- Lighthouse browser automated test
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by: Trafford Housing Trust - John Slater, UX Designer on 18th December 2020.
The best way to tell us if you're unhappy is to email us. If you can't email, then you can call our Customer Service Team on 0300 777 7777.